A Haiku Just For You

   But first, a verse I emailed to myself from my bible app at 2AM this morning. Yes, I really did send this verse to myself at two in the morning. I'm not exactly sure how, but I did.
   "My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?" (Psalms 42:2)
   I actually sent myself two verses, the other being Hebrews 12:1, "Therefore we also, since we are surround by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us," But that's beside the point.
   Now for the haiku I had promised. It may be a little silly, but I really feel like this haiku wasn't just intended for me. I think the Lord wanted me to share this with all of you. So here it is:

I have been made new,
What satan says is not true,
Jesus, I love You!

   Short, but meaningful and so very true! Everything the enemy says is a big lie. It is written in John 10:10, "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."
   Now go and live. Live abundantly and freely. You have been released from the bondages of sin. Sin has zero hold on you! The enemy has no authority whatsoever! Tell him that. Put the enemy in his place. Tell him who you are. You are a child of God. You are righteousness. There is a place for you in heaven, and he can't take that away from you. He knows that, and it infuriates him. He so desperately wants to discourage you and make you miserable. Don't give him that satisfaction. Declare your freedom in Jesus Christ!
   "For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." (2 Corinthians 5:21)

   -The Poetic Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace