Safe Haven

   Home is where you are safe. Home is cozy and warm and gentle. Home is where you are free to be yourself. Where you are never rejected or denied companionship. Jesus is Home.
   Whenever I look to Jesus, and really focus in on His glory, I am reminded just how much He loves me. Jesus never abandons me or is hostile. Jesus is kind and loving. He loves us all more than we could ever imagine. Some of us cannot grasp the fact that we are loved, because some of us have never truly received love from other people. But, let me assure you: God doesn't love the way people love. God is Love. We love because He first loved us.
   1 John 4:19 says, "We love each other because he loved us first." You see, no matter how bad you think you are, God still loves you beyond comprehension. Once you understand that He will never stop loving us, you're whole perspective will change. You'll start to realize who you are. You are a child of God. We were created in His image. We are commissioned to unite His people, and to bring as many people home to heaven with us as possible.
   Home is where you go at the end of the day, when you're tired and wanting sleep. Jesus gives us rest. "Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gently and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.'" (Matthew 11:28-30)
   When we come into the presence of the Lord, we are rejuvenated. He restores our strength and gives us hope. He replenishes us and satisfies our thirty souls. Relaxing in His presence gives us peace. Come and receive the peace unlike anything else.
   "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)
   Now, go into the world and be certain. The Lord your God is with you always and He gives His peace abundantly. Never fear, because He will never leave us.

   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace