Giving Thanks

   Giving thanks at all time. All times. Good time. Hard times. Trying times. Tiring times. All times. Giving thanks requires a shift in focus. A turning of eyes away from the circumstances and onto the Creator. He creates joyfulness and abundant peacefulness.

   "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:7)

   It's the shield of faith in who He is that never lets up on our outlook. This shield protects our minds and attitudes. It refreshes our eyes to view things in a new way. A God-centric mindset covers over all the hurt.

   His peace transcends all else. It gives hope, courage, and clarity to the hurt, scared, and confused. He is a caring Father after all. He only wants what is best for His children, and what's best is looking to Him. In all situations and at all times, look up.


   Thanks be to the One that saves. He saves our souls, our joy, and our peace. He wipes out bitterness, sorrow, and fretfulness. Thanks shall be the response for our eternal victory. We are victorious through Christ alone forever and ever.

   Nothing at all could ever snatch this away. It's only appropriate to feel an overwhelming urge of gratitude and praise to Him who saves.

   Savior Jesus, thank You. Thanks be to you, Lord Jesus, for saving my soul and redeeming this life. Your presence is my heart's desire. I long for You constantly, but I will wait for You. I will wait with continual thanks. I will sing of Your greatness for all my days. And when I pass on to be with You forever, I'll still be praising You. 

   Thankfulness flows out like a river from my heart. Thanks be to the God of comfort and Lord of mercy. May our Father in heaven bless you on this day of thanks.


   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace