God of Comfort

   All this time I've been trying to earn and honest relationship. I seem to have forgotten that His Word seems to have a trend for weary souls.

   I'm not supposed to work for peace or work for love. Farm from it! I'm called to rest in my Father's loving arms. All that working can earn for me is a heavy, burden-laden heart. Does God really want that for me? Does God want His child to feel the need to restlessly try and earn His love? How could I possibly earn something that's already been freely given as a gift? Why do I so linger with this difficult realization? Why is this love so hard to grasp?

   Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)

   The God of all comfort. Embrace this today. He is the One who comforts. When this here heart feels tired and worn, my comforting God comes and holds me close. 

   Rest in His arms. Relinquish the desire to earn and please, for the God of comfort is near and He freely gives us His peace and rest and love. After all, the true Savior of the world came to us as a miraculous gift.

   God loves to give, so receive. Receive this gift of His unfailing peace and love. His compassion for us never ends. His patience never, ever runs out. Don't think your weary soul is pesky to our God of comfort. God of love. God of mercy. God of divine forgiveness. Embrace the Father's gifts.


   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace