Fear Knots

   Fear knots. Fear knots up my mind and my ability to think logically. Fear knots up my stomach, squeezing and churning from anxious thoughts gone awry. When ideal plans turn into idolized schedules we've got trouble. When things don't go this way or that it's easy to let fear knots grow and grow, getting more and more twisted and consuming your every moment. Odds are fear has got you muddled up good.

   "Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)

   He is with me. Okay, so maybe He's with me whenever my schedule is in order and I've got every little aspect of my day lined up in order, right? No. What happens when I get sick or I forget to do this or do that? Does God just say, "Whoops. Looks like I'll let you figure that one out, and I'll be back when you've gotten yourself together."? Certainly not!

   "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9)

   Okay, so the Lord my God is with me wherever I go. What about when I'm in the hospital bed and the whole entire world seems to be collapsing before my very eyes?

   "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me." (Psalms 23:4)

   He comforts me! Even though the whole day has been awful, and every anxious thing that happened has tried to wreck my peace, God comforts me. He comforted me then, He comforts me still, and I'm confident He will comfort me in the future to come.

   "I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit." (Romans 15:13)

   He fills me with joy and peace when I trust in Him. When I deny the fear knots and live the promise of fear not, my God restores the joy that is rightfully mine. But what happens when I don't have the courage to deny the fear knots? What then? Call on God:

   "I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears." (Psalms 34:4) God will free me from the fear knots! He did before and He always will. He is faithful, and nothing can separate me from the power that's in His holy name!



   "For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38-39)

   It is written that nothing can separate us from His unfailing love. It is written that He will deliver me from ever fear. It is written that He is sovereign over all powers, those in Heaven, on the earth, and below the earth. And...

   "God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?" (Numbers 23:19)

   He never goes back on His Word! He flattens my fears, and crushes the enemy beneath my feet. Whom shall I fear?

   There we have it! The fear knots have been destroyed by the God of fear not, and now I have no reason to fret. What can possibly shake me when I'm in the arms of my unshakable God?


   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace