Do Everything in Love


Do Everything in Love:

"Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. Let all that you do be done with love." (1 Corinthians 16:13-14)

Today I choose to focus on Ἐμμανουήλ (Emmanuel), God with me. I choose to see Him present in all areas of my life. I choose to yield eyes to Holy Spirit healing, that my eyes may be opened to see. Now I can see. I can see how the God over all creation desires me. He desires me, and He wants fellowship with me. I'm amazed and in awe that the Lord would take the time to care about me.

The heart is tugged hard and the eyes suddenly move upwards away from the trap of self-sufficiency. Now my unprofitable works and efforts to "earn grace" are divinely dispatched. I can see Him with me now. He cares about all that I care about and more.

Then I turn out and look upon all the empty sullen faces of the people around me, and my heart weighs heavily as though the heart of God were grieving in congruous mournful groans with mine. How can I go on living calloused and confined within the boundaries of my own needs. I cannot. I cannot allow the burning love of God to be snuffed out by the coldness of a careless heart.

"No one, when he has lit a lamp, puts it in a secret place or under a basket, but on a lampstand, that those who come in may see the light." (Luke 11:33)

A dark, cold, and wet environment is never inviting, especially not to those souls with no home. We mustn't conceal the love of God in greed. We're called to be a beacon of God's love-light, a reflection of His incredible illumination, to share the gloriousness of all that He is.

Open up wide, and shine what God has put inside. Open up your heart, let Him penetrate the dark. Let the spark of His passionate love ignite an uncontrollable blaze.

"And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it." (John 1:5)

"The people who sat in darkness have seen a great light, And upon those who sat in the region and shadow of death Light has dawned." (Matthew 4:16)

Our God is pure. He is fully faultless, and in Him we find all that our souls desire so desperately. We find safety, comfort, unfailing and unconditional love, and we find home. He is our home, our refuge and shelter forever. He awaits our return with eager and joyous expectation. He keeps the lights on, fireplace emanating inviting warmth. He beckons, "Come in from the cold. Come home, My child. You're safe here."

"This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all." (1 John 1:5)

God is Light and God is Love. He is the Light that crowds out all of the world's shadowy seclusion, and He is the Love that heals everyone of our wounds. His glory is burning away our sorrows, and preparing for us eternal tomorrows.

"See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the Lord rises upon you and his glory appears over you." (Isaiah 60:2)

We have a mission. We are to take up this calling with fervent zeal, ready to act in God's grace and power. He's chose us and gave us a purpose and a Kingdom call. He chose us as His special messengers and ambassadors, to tell of the Great News and live in His pure Love for all to see.

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, Because the Lord has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound" (Isaiah 61:1)

We're actively pursuing those who need healing and fellowship in the Light. Why? Because God's love changes our hearts and drives us into action. God's love passionately pursues each and everyone of us, and this is how we're called to live as well. We're called to love like the Lord every day.

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another." (1 John 4:7-11)

I love this passage from First John chapter four, because it really sums up the foundation of our calling as God's Love-Light bearers. God loves us with such unimaginably spectacular love. His love runs so deeply that He sent Jesus, that we might be transformed from unrighteous sinners to become His own righteous children of God!

With this revelation resounding so loudly inside my spirit, I'm amazed and moved within my heart. God then gently whispers, "It's not too late to live in love." So I nod and lift hands high with a praise of thanksgiving, "Oh what grace the Lord God has provided!"

Today I choose. I choose to live in amazement of God's incomparable love, and I choose to humbly offer love back. I'm offering grateful love up to God, and humble brotherly love to those around me.

"Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honour giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord" (Romans 12:10-11)

I can't control others' behaviours or decisions, but I can call on the Lord for the strength needed to love with my whole heart. I choose to relinquish the fear-based attempts to control others up to the Father, and I receive grace and I give grace. Breathe in His goodness, and pour out His kindness.

I choose to believe that He is my faithful and sovereign God. If others hurt me, I don't retaliate and find revenge. Instead I release the hurt from others to my Father, and I receive His healing for my scars.

I choose to have faith in His faithfulness in any and every situation, big or small. He cares about everything I care about, and He is strong enough to carry them out. I am weak, but He is mighty. Therefore, I hand over everything, and with trusting faith I proclaim over every area of my life, "Lord I have faith in Your faithfulness." Now I am free to love boldly with the Love of Christ.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Photograph Taken By: Rosette Claire

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace