Rise Up and Take Courage


Rise Up and Take Courage:

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9)

Weakness, fear, anxiety, and stress are results of thinking that God is too far away. When I fear God isn't near, every other worry comes toppling down on top of me. That's because God is my Rock; He is the foundation on which I can boldly stand.

"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." (Psalms 18:2)

A stronghold for me, that's You, O Lord my God. You have been here with me from the start of this journey, so why do I fear You'll leave me now? You've given me signs, confirmations, guidance, and abundantly above all I can even imagine. Why do I fear You won't achieve the seemingly impossible on my behalf?

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us" (Ephesians 3:20)

You protect me from every attack. You strengthen me to fight the good fight of faith, and You give me peace to overcome this life.

"Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all." (2 Thessalonians 3:16)

Peace is Your Presence leading me. If I stray, and my perspective is skewed towards perturbation, then gather my fractured pieces. Lord, put me together with the strong glue of Your grace which holds me together in Your goodness for all eternity. I'm desperate for You to be here, yes right here now, with me in this very moment - in every moment.

"Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!" (Psalms 27:14)

I'm here waiting for You. My heart is opened wide, and I'm inviting You inside. My fears I lay at Your feet, knowing every need You'll meet.

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

Come, O Lord. This is all I need to say. All that is necessary in this very moment is my utterance of three powerful words, "I need You."

You don't expect a long and scholarly thesis from me. No intellectual analysation of Your Word is required. All I must do to receive all that I need is call on You, "Abba! How I need You, Lord!"

"I sought the Lord, and He heard me, And delivered me from all my fears." (Psalms 34:4)

Take all of me, Lord. I can do nothing apart from You, for You are me hope, my strength, my joy, and my courage. You embolden me with mountain-moving bravery. My faith is independent from my own strength, but is decidedly devoted to the greatness and glory of Your power and might. Take me, save me from my fears, and renew my vision to see that You're standing right here next to me. Hallelu Yah, I will forever praise You, O Lord of my salvation.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace