God Has a Plan


God Has a Plan:

"We have also received an inheritance in Him, predestined according to the purpose of the One who works out everything in agreement with the decision of His will" (Ephesians 1:11)

The waters are rough and the winds rage relentlessly, but You, O God, are keeping me steadied in Your sovereignty. It can be difficult to imagine, that You, the God of the whole universe, might take care of me in such a gracious and loving manner.

Then I'm tempted, tempted to fear that Your love has suddenly disappeared. I can see the storm that's coming near, O Lord my Lord, come meet me here and take my fear.

"And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the Lord Shall be saved." (Acts 2:21)

My lips spill over in desperate defeat, "My Lord, I can't walk this path on my own two feet." You hear my cry, and You will satisfy.

"He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over." (Psalms 23:3-5)

You overflow me with blessings, Father. Your tender lovingkindness graces over me with divine diligence. I needn't fear one fragment. I have nothing over which to fret. I know that in Your arms, You will never forget.

Every detail of my life is of great importance to You, for not a single thing goes unnoticed. So why should I have anxiety over these threats now? Have You changed Your ways? Certainly not! Even now, in this seemingly catastrophic turbulence, Your grace is still enough. Your faithfulness shall still prevail through every battle.

"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19)

So even here in the midst of all this troubling terror, Your mercy hasn't fled the scene nor has Your faithfulness forfeited me. I shall not become distressed by this mess, because I am certain You will bless through the mess.

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)

You work for my good. You determine the path on which I shall walk. You cement every event in the goodness of Your great and perfect will.

"In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps." (Proverbs 16:9)

I like the way the Message translation puts it as well:

"We plan the way we want to live, but only God makes us able to live it." (Proverbs 16:9 MSG)

We make plans and dream dreams, but when it comes to executing such grand hopes, we often slip and fall. We are only feeble humans, but the Lord our God is mighty and strong to make everything even beyond our wildest imaginations a reality.

Today, I must choose to take these crushing fears and surrender them at the foot of His Throne of Mercy. I must remember how faithful He has been to me before and how His faithfulness NEVER falters or fades. I must remind myself, God has a plan. He has a plan for my good and His glory. Praise Thee, O Lord God Almighty! You are worthy of my trust.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace