Slow Down and Breathe in His Grace


Slow Down and Breathe in His Grace:

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

You beckon me into Your Presence as Your very own beloved child. You're orchestrating my life with a rhythm of peace. You're never rushed, for Your timing has supremacy - even over all my stressing.

Though the world clamours and corrodes, You welcome me into sacred, rejuvenating rest. You lead me beside the most serene waters, even when all the world around threatens with its roaring waves of worry.

"He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake." (Psalms 23:2-3)

With paths of righteousness arrayed before me, You've shown me marvellous measures of mercy. Your compassion depends not on who I am nor on how well I preform, but rather solely on You. Your majesty, Your sovereignty, and Your immense lovingkindness uphold me. This is my anchor. Your goodness fixes a firm foundation beneath my shaking feet. You steady me with grace, and Your unsurpassable peace guards my heart.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

Be anxious for nothing, and this includes the still quietness you may be experiencing today. God has a season for everything. He destines a season for proliferous productivity and busyness, but He also appoints seasons for ease and placidity. Just because God is working quietly, doesn't mean He has forgotten about you.

Rest. Rest and receive this season of tranquility He has for you now. Trust. Trust that His plan is wondrous and often times beyond our understanding. Release. Release every burden that troubles you into the hands of the God who fights for you valiantly. Slow down. Slow down and listen closely to the sound of His heart beating passionately for you. His love for you knows no boundaries, no limitations, and it never ends or lessens.

We praise You, O Heavenly Father. We give You honour and glory, for You are marvellous and worthy. We trust You this day, and every day we shall lean closer and closer into You.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace