The Road is Joy


The Road is Joy:

"You have made known to me the ways of life; You will make me full of joy in Your presence." (Acts 2:28)

Nothing in this world will last. All is fading away fast, but Jesus is mine even unto eternity. From His Presence I may stray, but by my side He'll always stay. Oh bring me back to the joy, the joy found only in You, beloved Lord.

Your persistent promise of perfect patience pulls me closer, ever so close to Your pure and spotless heart. What detail of my life has gone unnoticed by the God who cares, cares so intricately intimately?

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

Cast all, ALL cares, oh my soul. Hold nothing back, for He withholds no blessing from you. If He gives all so unconditionally, why should I be hesitant to trust Him with the technicalities of my life? After all, I am of more value than sparrows, and yet He divinely cares for them with delicacy.

"Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows." (Matthew 10:29-31)

He knows the hairs on my head, therefore can't He be certain of the concerns on my heart? The worries in my hands?

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)

Approach Him. Approach Him with confident, trusting faith. Abandon. Abandon those hindering fears into the hands of the Almighty. Exult. Exult in the celebration of peace and joy which flows freely from the all generous heart of God.

You lead me back home. You lead me away from the path of dismay and onto the road where joy is the way. Jesus, You've ransomed my sorrows and transformed my hurts. The road on which we travel together is dotted with divine grace, perfect peace, and never failing joy. May I never forget this promise of joy.

"These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full." (John 15:11)

Your joy is always available to me. Your joy is readily accessible to every heart that's anchored in You. Guide us to this place of peace, O Lord. Welcome us into Your wonderful embrace. No matter where we stand this day, there is healing joy found in Your name.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace