More Than Enough


More Than Enough:

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)

I am a sinner. I have fallen short of Your prodigious glory... yet again. I writhe and struggle in all my shame. O Lord, remind me to call on Your Name.

"If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)

If these lips are spattered in disbelief, discontent, and disregard for all You've done for me, O Lord, wipe them clean. I choose to wash my tongue in the truth of who You are. I must make the conscious choice to turn away from this trap set before me, rebuking regression and taking hold of Your helping hands. Knowing that Your faithfulness won't forsake me, not now and not ever.

"For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich." (2 Corinthians 8:9)

Why have my eyes become glossed by ingratitude? Have I suddenly forgotten or forfeited the reality of who You are and all You've given so generously for me? You're the one true King above all kings, yet You laid Your life down for me. Little old me? I'm the apple of Your eye, yet I still allow even the small details of Your divine grace to rush past me unnoticed.

How it aches Your heart so deeply to watch bitter greed grow into the soil of my soul. Yet in all my unrighteousness, Your unrelenting faithfulness and favour still predominantly prevail. How undeserving I am, yet how unconditional Your love.

"For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God’s gift — not from works, so that no one can boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

Your grace is a gift. Who am I to lose sight of this? Disgraceful deception had cleared a grave, hoping to bury me in confusion and callousness. Deception desires my destruction, and deception desires my demise.

Did I call into question the marvel of Your mercy? Have I loosed the memories of Your mighty goodness from my mind chambers? Now I can see...

What the lies of demise have so desperately drilled in my thoughts is this: not enough. Not enough? How blatantly fallacious and deceitful! Lord God, my Heavenly Father, hear my heartfelt cry.

This day I do see how I've broken Thine heart. Please send me Your grace, provide a new start. I see the wonders that You've done. I see how You have overcome. Though the road is rough, You are enough. You are enough.

"And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." (2 Corinthians 12:9)

That's it! Enough of these bondages of discontent! I've had it with the poison of ungratefulness! Oh how my mind has wandered! Lord, bring my heart back to Your own. I choose to declare Your unchanging TRUTH!

You are enough. Salvation is enough. If I've nothing else, I have all I need - all I could ever want - in You. But who You are is so greatly generous. You care! You honestly care for the thing I care about.

Your amazing grace overflows me. Your amazing grace overwhelms me. Blessing upon blessing, You flood my life with goodness. You are the light that shines in all my darkness.

More than just enough, You are extravagant. You give glorious gifts above and beyond all I could ever ask or imagine. This is who You are. You are miraculously more!

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us" (Ephesians 3:20)

Your spirit in me is all I need, but Your favour surrounding is so much more than enough. It's the pureness of Your heart that penetrates my being and causes me to spill over in unending praise. The wondrous abundance of the undeserved blessings in which You shower me are above and beyond sufficiency.

Truly, what more could I ask? For You have already given me so, so much more than I deserve. Father, forgive me for my ungrateful attitude. I repent with my entire heart, and turn away from my mistake. I choose to worship You for all that You are and all that You've done. Thank You. May the melody of my thanksgiving never grow quiet again. Hallelu Yah, O Lord, I bring to You my praise!


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace