Mercy


Mercy:

"I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live." (Psalm 116:1-2)

The Lord is mighty and abundant in mercy. His compassions fail not, and His goodness never ceases. He is faithful to listen to the cries of His children. Not one of our prayers slips past Him, for He cherishes every one of our conversations. The Lord's mercy is unending, even in the midst of tribulations.

"The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion. The Lord protects the unwary; when I was brought low, he saved me." (Psalm 116:5-6)

Deepening depths tortured my weary soul. The nights seemed colder and darker than every before. However, my Lord provided me with constant compassion, glorious graciousness, and faultless faithfulness. I'd fallen down into a very low pit, but He saved me from it all.

"Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you." (Psalms 116:7)

Riotous distress brings spiritual unrest. On the other hand, when I turn and face the Father, I'm gifted with goodness that graces my soul back into spiritual serenity. My God calls me to arise from the abyss of afflictions and ailments, and be lifted up by His hands into the heights of healing and hopefulness.

"For you, O Lord, have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before the Lord in the land of the living." (Psalms 116:8-9)

Death's debilitating stranglehold on my had almost taken its toll. My cheeks, they were cracked, burning, and red from endless hours of heart wrenching tears. I could barely stand, because the fortification of my body had been forfeited. It seemed as though I had nothing left, but the Lord never abandoned me.

The God of glory restored my hope, but not only that. He also renewed my joy, and made me a brand new creation. What an exultant ending to what I expected to be the most execrable event in my life. God can reverse ALL the adverse attacks of my enemies.

"How can I repay the Lord for all his goodness to me?" (Psalms 116:12)

How greatly God works all for good! All is goodness when we live in Him, because when we come to know the heart of God, we come to the understanding that His ways are not like our ways and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts. When we can't see the result of tumult, the Lord knows the way in which we should walk to see the grandeur of His goodness.

All of this is much too astonishing for me to fully comprehend. I must take a breath - deeply in and slowly out. I must lift up the broken and bruised body as an act of surrender. I'm here surrendering to the marvellous mercy of my miraculous Maker. I'm here offering the sweet aromatic sacrifice of gratitude.

"I will sacrifice a thank offering to you and call on the name of the Lord." (Psalms 116:17)

You are making me clean, O Lord, You are washing my heart and making it whole. I stand with my heart opened up wide, my hands lifted high above as if reaching to feel Your enthralling embrace. This inexpressible mercy of Yours is so sweet that I desire to experience it more. I come into Your Presence with all I have, and I place it all at Your feet. Take me, and make me completely Yours.

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship." (Romans 12:1)

Μας Θεός είναι οικτιρμός! Our God is merciful! This unrelenting mercy is the base upon which we stand, the driving factor of our surrendering. His mercy compels us to come closer, to trust deeper, to converse more continually, and to fearlessly place our concerns in His mighty hands.

Αυτό είναι μας Θεός! This is our God! Θεός εκ οικτιρμός! God of mercies!

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)

Find rest for wearied souls, hope for helpless hearts, and peace that surpasses all understanding. These treasures are found in the Wellspring of Life, our Lord Jesus Christ. He quenches our thirst, rescues our souls, and renews our lives. Come and embrace His marvellous mercies today!


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace