No Longer Broken


No Longer Broken:

"He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds. He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name. Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite." (Psalms 147:3-5)

I know this old battered up heart has seen many dark nights and death frights, but how many of these scares have I honestly faced alone? Have I ever truly been abandoned by the One who loves me most? Certainly not! In every circumstance, He is always faithful to deliver and redeem.

"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the Lord delivers him out of them all." (Psalms 34:17-19)

Every calamity results in His redeeming love, so my soul reaches out to Him. He cares for me, and no struggle of mine is ever unnoticed or unimportant to my Lord. Oh how good He is!

"He guards all his bones; Not one of them is broken. Evil shall slay the wicked, And those who hate the righteous shall be condemned. The Lord redeems the soul of His servants, And none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned." (Psalms 34:20-22)

Because it's the Lord who watches over me, every bone in my body is preserved. Because I am His, my soul is saved. Because I belong to God, my trusting in Him will not be forsaken. Every concern of mine is cradled in His caring arms. So here I'll cast the burdens off. I'll bring the sacrifice of a broken life to Your Throne of grace.

"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart— These, O God, You will not despise." (Psalms 51:17)

As I lay down the shattered pieces and painful scars, I watch Your gentle hands intricately place my fragments in order. Not in the likeness of my former self do you put me back together, but rather, a brand new creation. I am completely redesigned, repurposed, and reignited with passion for You, O God. How I love You my Lord!

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17)

As I approached the Presence of my Lord, I felt the burdens melting right away. The closer I became the more the former self floated right off with ease by the renewing power of God being released upon me. Pride paled into insignificance, and the past person perished. You make all things new, God!

"that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness." (Ephesians 4:22-24)

I once was wandering and empty, but now, by the grace of God, I am made anew into righteousness and holiness. The power of the resurrection is manifest in me, because the Spirit of God has been poured into my heart.

Jesus paid the price for my redemption, renewal, and revival. This alone is reason to rejoice! Jesus has secured my salvation!

I no longer die a little each day as I become older, but I am becoming more and more alive with everyday that passes. By the supernatural grace and power of God living in me, I am being renewed daily.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time." (1 Peter 1:3-5)

I am no longer a shattered, shadowed mess. I need not fear brokenness, because brokenness is simply an opportunity to be made whole in the Presence of God. I need not fear the fiery arrows, because I am shielded by faith in Christ. Nothing formed against me shall stand. I know full well that the Lord will provide a way for all He has planned, for He who promised is faithful.

"No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the Lord." (Isaiah 54:17)

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." (Proverbs 19:21)

The Lord's purpose shall come to pass, regardless of the obstacles that pop up. I must keep reminding myself. Even though I've struggled through mountainous roadblocks, God's will - His marvellous plan - shall not be forfeited. His ways remain and endure. What is His purpose? Good question.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)

His purpose is to prosper us, to give us peace, hope, joy, and a wonderful future. Despite brokenness, desperation, illnesses, and setbacks, God's amazing plan remains. He will put all these seemingly useless shattered pieces together into a miraculous masterpiece that only He could create. Go in peace of this revelation my dear beloveds.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace