You Are My Shield


You Are My Shield:

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him." (Psalm 28:7) 

In my time of weakness and uncertainty, to whom can I turn? I'm in need of a reliable refuge. So, Lord, I am turning my heart over to You. Please be my strength and the shield that shelters me. 

Father, turn my trembling into trusting, my fearfulness into faithfulness, and my doubt into determination. I'm in a desperate place, for only You can rescue me now. I'm crying out for You. You are the only One who can save me. 

"for, ‘Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’" (Romans 10:13) 

My plea to You, O mighty God, is that I may hide under the shadow of Your wings. Quiet my restless spirit, Lord. I believe You hear my heart's cries, and I'm believing for Your saving grace to swoop in and restore. 

"Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." (Psalm 51:12) 

May my spirit jump at the opportunity to serve You, my Lord. Create in me a willing spirit, that I might voluntarily venture into valleys, just as long as I'm with You. 

No depth of desperation is ever walked in desertion, because You never depart from me. Even through the valley of the shadow of death, I am confident that You are walking with me. I know this because I have trudged those shadowed paths time and time again, but Lord, Your light shines brighter than the dismal darkness. 

"the people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned." (Matthew 4:16) 

Oh how I need the Light of the Lord to shine in this dark and confusing time! Father, allow Your shield of warmth and light to cascade down from heaven onto me. Cover me with Your grace and mercy, fill me with Your unsurpassable peace and assurance. These I need for sustenance, my God, and I know You're providing for me. 

May trusting bring about my dependence on Your unfailing goodness. My heart will solely trust in You. I'm awaiting Your help. I know You are faithful to provide. I trust that You're working for my good, so I will rest in Your arms filled with perfect peace. I'm covered by You; shielded in Your grace and mercy. Nothing can touch me when I'm hidden in You. Thank You, my Lord, thank You that there's hope awaiting.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story