You Never Let Go


You Never Let Go:

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you." (Isaiah 43:2)

Here I stand, this brutal battle blatantly beating on my bravery. Tempestuous tidal waves come corroding at my courage. Oh how I long to shrink back into safety, and I desperately desire a hiding place.

You, Lord, have spoken and promised to be with me. These raging rivers of ruins shall not ruin me. Roaring waters threaten to engulf me wholly, but Your Word has assured me, "they shall not overflow you". Surging storms shall not swallow me up, for I take safe shelter in You, O Lord. I need not carry these troubles on my own shoulders, because You are here and I know that You will help me.

"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Saviour, who daily bears our burdens. Our God is a God who saves; from the Sovereign Lord comes escape from death." (Psalm 68:19-20)

Even unto death's very doorstep, God is with me. Even in my final hour of breath, He can still redeem. When all hope seems lost, the Lord can recover all. He restores, heals, and makes all things new. Even to those broken and scarred, He can put your pieces together and heal those old wounds.

"He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds." (Psalms 147:3)

In the heat of the storm I can feel my heart racing violently. My strength is fading quickly, and the blazing flame of destruction comes chasing after me. I cry out to my Lord, for I know He alone can ransom me out of this pit. He is coming to cast away these afflicting adversaries, and restore my gladness.

"Let God arise, Let His enemies be scattered; Let those also who hate Him flee before Him. As smoke is driven away, So drive them away; As wax melts before the fire, So let the wicked perish at the presence of God. But let the righteous be glad; Let them rejoice before God; Yes, let them rejoice exceedingly." (Psalms 68:1-3)

I know this burning burden will not befall me. The flames of accusation are lies, and the liars that despise me and contradict my Lord are on the verge of destruction. So I will call on my God and watch Him crush these enemies underneath my feet. My Lord shall defeat them all with divine dignity.

"Praise our God, all peoples, let the sound of his praise be heard; he has preserved our lives and kept our feet from slipping." (Psalm 66:8-9)

The God of mercy and grace has ultimately redeemed me, and I am confident that He will continue to rescue me from any harm that comes my way. My Lord will never let me go, never give up on me, and never sell me out. He may permit tribulations to occur, but I see these as invitations to press into Him harder and let roots grow deeper into His rich and nourishing soil.

"You let people ride over our heads; we went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance." (Psalm 66:12)

Here is where we can find hope for the current moment. Maybe you're still experiencing a battle, and it's difficult for you to believe that all this will turn out for the better. Believe me, I understand, but we all must remind ourselves that God has written these incredible prolific promises in His Word.

Through the blazing heat of a fire, God shall keep you free from burns. In the tossing chaos of relentless waters, the Lord Almighty shall keep your peace steady. Lean into Him and surely you will soon see that place of abundance come. The storms don't ever last for eternity, but rather an eternity of abundant life awaits. Persevere through the trials with courage and bravery, knowing that God is never going to let go of you. Because our Saviour Jesus has overcome this world, we too can overcome.


-The Introverted Evangelist


Photograph Taken By: Raphael

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace