No One Like You


No One Like You:

"Therefore You are great, O Lord God. For there is none like You, nor is there any God besides You, according to all that we have heard with our ears." (2 Samuel 7:22)

Oh how great You are, Lord! You are the One Who was, Who is, and Who is to come. The First and the Last. You reign from everlasting to everlasting. No one and no thing can compare to You, God.

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,"(Ephesians 3:20)

My most ambitious and exaggerated dreams are a mere taste of all the greatness God has planned for me. His plan is exponentially more enthralling, and it is birthed out of His pure and genuine love.

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." (Jeremiah 31:3)

His lovingkindness bewilders my mind, but in the most awestruck and thankful way. He blesses abundantly, simply because that's who He is. He is our Lord of abundance and compassion. Though we sin, His patience never runs out. His mercy is never withheld from the repentant heart.

He draws me in closer and closer to His arms. His hands are stretched out far and wide to lead and guide. I know that God will never leave my side, so neither should I fear, nor try to hide. Oh it's You, God, who shall be forever glorified.

"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God forever and ever. I will praise You forever, Because You have done it; And in the presence of Your saints I will wait on Your name, for it is good." (Psalms 52:8-9)

This mercy has made me new, and it's all thanks to You. Your great unending grace is so powerful that it ignites in me a burning flame of passionate gratitude, and envelopes me in a warm, compassionate robe of royal righteousness. I'm swathed in Your spectacular splendour.

My parched roots penetrate the ground of Your gentleness, digging in deeper and deeper. Tapping into the source of Your luscious Living Waters, I am revitalised and invigorated. You have revived this broken spirit of mine, and daily you satisfy my hungering for more of You.

"How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; When I awake, I am still with You." (Psalms 139:17-18)

Even through the horrendous raging storms, You never left my side, Lord. I am with You always, because You're the One who will never walk out on me. You simply love me too much to forsake me. It's not in Your character to desert me, instead you delight in me.

Did you know that we are constantly on God's mind? Yep, He cannot stop marvelling over how beautiful, extraordinary, and set apart we are. Every detail about us causes God's heart to skip a beat. Every time we remember to look upon Him to simply stand in awe of all of His wonder, the mutual marvelling is more harmonious than a thousand symphonies all in perfect tune.

"The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17)

He's rejoicing over you know. He is gazing upon you, and delighting in your fellowship. This God we serve, He is so incredible. The Maker of the stars, Creator of the universe and all of its entirety, He is our God.

Our God takes the time to listen to each and every one of our concerns, grievances, and even the things that bring us joy. He truly cares, and He desires for you to come to Him as a friend simply to enjoy His Presence and be at rest.

Our God is mighty to save. Our Lord Jesus Christ, He is the propitiation for our unrighteousness. He came to deliver us from the forces of darkness and bring us into a new field of freedom.

No longer are we slaves, bound up in chains of sinfulness and destined to be separated from God. Now we are sons and daughters of the King of kings. We are the Lord's children, and we are reconciled to His righteousness by the blood of the Lamb. We posses the gift of freedom to present ourselves before Him completely blameless - covered in the covenant of Christ. Our destiny is dwelling in His divinity.

"let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. This is the ‘stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.’ Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."(Acts 4:10-12)

Our Chief Cornerstone, Jesus Christ. There is no one like You! You are mighty, holy, and full of grace. You're the only One for me, and You are all I need.

Step into the goodness of His embrace. Understand that He simply adores you. All of you. Whatever shames you can be nailed to the cross, and all fear of rejection can be relinquished into the hands of the Lord who loves you unconditionally.

No matter how far you've run, Hope is right beside you ready to welcome you back in. If you're still breathing, then it's not too late to receive what He has for you. There is none like our Lord! Overflowing with mercy, abounding in grace, and tender hearted towards all who draw near to Him. Be blessed today everyone.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Photograph Taken By: Jon Courville

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace