It's The Most Wonderful Time of Year


It's The Most Wonderful Time of Year:

"And the Word (Christ) became flesh (human, incarnate) and tabernacled (fixed His tent of flesh, lived awhile) among us; and we [actually] saw His glory (His honor, His majesty), such glory as an only begotten son receives from his father, full of grace (favor, loving-kindness) and truth." (John 1:14 AMP)

I love Christmastime. This time of year is my favourite for so many, many reasons. It's as though all the bright shining lights and joyous carols ring throughout the whole earth in a wave of worship for the One whom we celebrate. ImmanuelJesus the Messiah. His name is so beautiful, and I love the way it's the very forefront of this season. The Holy and exalted Name above all names belonging to our Lord headlines this holiday: it's CHRIST-mas! How splendid indeed!

I also just adore the fitting manner in which we celebrate His birth. This whole entire season is brimming with exceeding joy and cheer, just like the very heart of God!

"Then will I go to the altar of God, to God, my exceeding joy; yes, with the lyre will I praise You, O God, my God!" (Psalm 43:4)

This photo is of the mini Christmas tree I set up in my little bedroom. It's particularly special to me. This tree's very first Christmas was two years ago in a dismal apartment. Few presents were exchanged, and nary a Christmas light in sight. I didn't mind so much at all, for I know His Gift is my everlasting reward.

Something about this tiny, tinsel tree from Target just lit up the room with hope. This brings me back to the glorious truth He is unfolding to me... God redeems everything...

In the early morning when I rise to revel in His pure and bright Presence, I can look up and see this little symbol of His servant-hearted salvation. Let everything bring remembrance to His greatness.

Christmas is the time of year that brings special reflection on the miracle of God's great grace. God incarnate, coming down from Heaven to redeem the fallen, sinful world He so passionately adores. How spectacularly wondrous! May we continue the celebration even throughout all of eternity, amen!


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace