Let Faith Overcome Fear


Let Faith Overcome Fear:

"Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice." (Isaiah 41:10 AMP)

I must begin recognizing that fear is not an inevitable part of each day. Fear is not unavoidable, what fear is is an unwelcome thief. Fear is a direct, demonic attack meant to demolish any remanent of joy and freedom.

"The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." (John 10:10)

I can hear You inviting me into Your Presence. A call to come and abide in Your unmistakably miraculous mercy and abundance. I must surrender my tendency to welcome in fear's terrorizing tyranny. O Heavenly Father, hear my cry. Won't you free me from my worrying ways.
Would you lead me away from the path of panic and into Your palace of perfect peace.

"In every situation take the shield of faith, and with it you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one." (Ephesians 6:16)

Flaming arrows fly incessantly into my mind, striking security with uncertainties. But in all my confusion, have I forgotten Whom it is I follow?

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)

Have I missed the memo? God is faithful! His power lives in me even now! He never fails! This is my God. The Lord is my Provider, my Redeemer, and my Leader. My God shall lead me through the battle and into victorious triumph. In Him, I will prevail through the persecutions. In Him, I shall overcome these overwhelming stresses.

"For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith." (1 John 5:4)

The world tells me to make a living for myself and depend on my own doings. But why should I fret over what the world tells me? Funds will run out, but faith never runs dry when it's rooted and nourished in Christ. The Lord assures me, "Give it all to me, and I will provide for you always. After all, I shall never permit My redeemed and beloved children to fall."

"Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall." (Psalms 55:22)

Oh, God, to You I shall run. Take my fears, for I believe that You are near. My cares are always maintained perfectly in Your mighty, able hands.

Lord, strengthen my spirit, so that my faith in Your goodness and Your glory might overthrow my every fear.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Photograph Credits:
http://2112.co/freeforall.html
#2112co_freeforall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story