Knowing His Love and Trusting It

   "For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain." (Philippians 1:21) I'd not lived before I lived for Him and through Him. All of me belongs to the Lord. It's only acceptable to completely abandon my fears and trust

   Every moment spent with Him is cherished and treasured not only by the sheep, but also by the Shepherd Himself. He delights in His sheep. "the Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love." (Psalms 147:11)

   When we put our faith in Him, the Loving Shepherd, He takes pleasure in us. It overjoys the Lord when we exhibit our trust in Him. It doesn't exasperate God to comfort us continually. We are His! He loves us dearly!

   "For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's." (Romans 14:8)

   Because we are the Lord's sheep, and He is a good, pure, loving Shepherd, should we not thrust out fear and doubt to live completely freed? Don't you think our Shepherd longs to see our chains broken, and to see His sheep running free? He certainly does! He gave His only Son so that we may be free from the bondages of sin and worry.

   "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)

   A love so deep and so perfect, that He died for us. There is no other love so pure. He laid His life down so that we could lay down our burdens. And for us to live in the shadow of the cross which is freedom, abundant life, and eternal life, He paid the price.

   How could we not trust in the One that is Love? How could we look at such divine love and still manage to convince ourselves otherwise? God truly cares about what troubles us, so trust in Him. Let go of your fears. Nail your anxieties to the cross.

   Do you feel the chains being torn off? Doesn't the sound of the prison gates swinging open energize your soul? Get up and shout it out for all to hear, "I've been set free! The Lord, my Shepherd, He has rescued me!"

   Don't be quiet about His unfailing love. Tell everyone, at all times. Praise the Lord for the freedom we gain when we loosen our clenched fists, and just let go of fear. He surely loves us, and He clearly cares enough to take care of them for us. Once again I'll say, trust Him.

   Lord, thank you for never giving up on me. Thank you that I can fully trust you with everything. Today I make the choice to live in the freedom you purchased for me. I have nothing to fret over, because I am your child. There is no condemnation, nothing to fear, and nothing in the way of your love for me. So today I stand here ready to experience the glory of your great love. I'm ready to be radically filled with your grace. Thank you that your love will never run out on me, and I never have to worry about you giving up on me. It's in your beautiful name I pray, Jesus, Amen.


   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace