Whenever I Stumble

   When Your light shines upon my face, I can feel the warmth of Your love. The animals sing songs of praise to their mighty Creator. The water rushing seems to cry tears of joyfulness. Here I am Lord, Your little lamb. I am ready to be swept away by Your abounding, compassionate, love.

   The world around me is full of grief, but in You I find my shelter. In You, God, I am hidden. I will bury myself inside of You. I will cling to my Father's hand, and in Him I hear His thoughts towards me. The enemies snarl and grasp for me, but my Lord is my protection.

   I never want to leave. I never want to ever depart again. The life within my soul shines because my God has saved me. He renewed my hope, and established my ways. He tells me what is good and pure and trustworthy.

   "This is what the Lord says- your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.'" (Isaiah 48:17)

   He teaches me what is best. The thing about teaching is that it's a process. You cannot learn a skill or any sort of formula the very first time you hear it. It takes a little bit of time to understand. It requires learning from mistakes.

   Whatever it is today that's getting you down, take it to the cross. There you will find unfailing mercy. The Lord will pick you up and walk you through the steps again with love and compassion and beautiful grace.

   The Lord is patient with us. Whenever we stumble He doesn't condemn us, but instead He caresses our wounds with His warming kindness. Trust in all that He is - kind, patient, loving, merciful, and full of joy.


   -The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace