Be My Composer, Be My Conductor


Be My Composer, Be My Conductor:

"A man’s heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps." (Proverbs 16:9)

God is sovereign. The constant struggle we face with our flesh is that we must aim to crucify it and surrender our souls, making God not only the Composer of our life-song, but also the Conductor.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6; emphasis mine)

This act of surrender places the reigns in God's hands instead of our own. By doing so we are declaring it over our lives that He is Lord, and He is the Merciful Master of our melodic orchestra. He is the One who deems and directs, and every note He writes emanates from immaculate Love.

"The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives." (Psalms 37:23 NLT; emphasis mine)

"Establish my steps and direct them by [means of] Your word; let not any iniquity have dominion over me."(Psalm 119:133 AMP)

O Heavenly Father, hear my prayer this day...

God, I know Your will is perfect. I know Your plan is to prosper me and not to harm me. So, Lord, today I open up the music staff of my heart to You and I invite You to Compose a symphony of life inside of my soul.

Be my Great Composer, yes. But God, even more so, be my Sovereign Conductor, because I can't call the shots on my own. In my own strength, I am destined to fail, so please come and lead me into the glorious future You've promised. Be my Composer, God. Be my Conductor, Lord. I surrender my soulI surrender my all. Amen.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Faith That He is Near Always

I Loved You at Your Darkest