Remember That I am His Own


Remember That I am His Own:

"Let us then fearlessly and confidently and boldly draw near to the throne of grace (the throne of God's unmerited favor to us sinners), that we may receive mercy [for our failures] and find grace to help in good time for every need [appropriate help and well-timed help, coming just when we need it]." (Hebrews 4:16 AMP)

When the day spins out of control, and my head thumps with frustration and fear, draw me near, O Lord. I'm so willing to worry, yet so hesitant to trust. My tightly clenched fists never want to release, but I must in order to receive Your peace. My anxious gaze darts back and forth from problem to problem, I shrink back at the uneasiness surrounding. I need to see it, the truth that You're the One leading the way.

"For this is God, Our God forever and ever; He will be our guide Even to death." (Psalms 48:14)

Help my eyes to turn from the discomforting disorder, and to be steadfastly fixed on You, my everlasting and unwavering Shelter of Shalom Peace.

It's so easy for me to lose sight and feel fright. Oh how desperately I need You, my God! How earnestly I long to be with You now, face to Face, Your hand in mine, and eternity our agenda... Selah...

"And the ransomed of the Lord shall return and come to Zion with singing, and everlasting joy shall be upon their heads; they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away." (Isaiah 35:10)

You're my One True Love. My heart is surrendered to You. The soil in my soul, Lord, is Yours for the gardening. Come invade me with Your immeasurable grace. I thirst for You, O my Lord. My heart and soul cry out, "Only You, God, will satisfy. None else can fill this hungry void. Only You Lord, oh only You." May the plea resound for all my days, "Only You, Lord, only You will do for me..."

"And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." (2 Corinthians 12:9)

You're all I needYou're everything. I will live for Youmy God. Only You provide the peace and joy my heart seeks.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Photograph taken by my friend Kerrie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Faith That He is Near Always

I Loved You at Your Darkest