He Has My Whole Life in His Hands


He Has My Whole Life in His Hands:

"For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist." (Colossians 1:16-17)

Nothing slips out of Your care. You know my every thought; You count my every hair. You've known me from the very start; O God, pull me closer to Your heart. You calm my fears; You dry my tears. You're with me right now; before You I bow. O take this soul, for only You can make it whole.

You've revealed Your pure and gracious heart to me in fragments flecked throughout each day of this gift called life. I have no need of grumbling through my difficult days when on You my eyes fixedly gaze. You're my unshakeable foundation. You're my unsinkable joy.

You're the God of lovelight, and laughternot of lawslegalities, and lethargy. You take the cold deadness of my heart and transform me into a living, breathing masterpiece of Your merciful grace.

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh." (Ezekiel 36:26)

You're the God of peaceful provision, not of panicked planning... Yet I still falter with fears, quake with my endless questions... Who will take care of me? So easily I lose sight of Your grand might... How quickly I forget that You, God, You will take care of me... Always, for all my days, and throughout eternity, You're here with me.

You'll never let me squander. You've given me a big heart filled with big dreams... Why? Because You're an infinite dreamer too. You have no limitations, You're capable, full of powerful glory, and Your ways are immeasurably wondrous.

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen." (Ephesians 3:20-21)

You're so much more than I can even imagine... You're unfathomably phenomenal. Even my most extravagant aspirations provide only a mere glimpse of the glorious future that awaits, and it's all for You, Lord. Won't You take my life and fill it with Your glory... Only Yours and not my own.

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." (Romans 8:18)

The worry and anxiety lingering over my head and all around me must leave at the sound of Your Name. In light of the splendorous glory beginning to burst forth inside my soul, those troublesome threats surrounding me are absolutely powerless and incomparable to the triumphant and supernatural One within.

So abandon the tyrant of degradation and doubt! God has something much better in store for our lives than merely getting by. He made us ambassadors of His Kingdom! And His Kingdom is marvellously majesticjust like He is. We needn't fear that our lives will be lived as orphans who scrape barrel bottoms just to make ends meet, for He has a divine plan for our good and His glory.

There is no beauty in poverty, only painful cries for help and restoration... In Christ, our Hope and our Healer, we have all we need - more than enough - exceedingly above and beyond all we can ask or imagine... Remember? Our souls have a permanent and eternal home. Therefore, in this life and the one to comewe can trust Him in all situations.

No matter what appears to be the verdict, He is sovereign. He is our Good Shepherd, and He is the Great Redeemer of all things. Praise Him, trust Him, and come into His Presence this day with joy-filled expectation.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Photograph of Okanagan Lake taken by Douglas Drouin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Faith That He is Near Always

I Loved You at Your Darkest