Fight For Rest, God is Sovereign


Fight For Rest, God is Sovereign:

Always and forever. I'm fighting for rest. It's time to see God's faithfulness come to pass in my life. The thing is...

I must allow Him to burn brighter than my doubts and fears. I must let His goodness consume my anxieties.

I can't give God glory for things I try to control myself. Don't I see it? His control is even better than mine! If I'll relinquish my worries by worshipping, I'll be overcome by His marvellous Presence and His miraculous majesty will become unmistakable.
~
God, You're the One in control. You hold the ultimate Authority above everything - EVERYTHING - else. Help me to trust with my entire heart. You've given me the promise of Your unwavering love and faithfulness. Your whispers are more certain than embossed lies. I can hold tightly to Your hand and step into the unknown territory, because I know You won't ever forsake me in my weakness. You are gentle, caring, and compassionate. You are gracious, generous, and more than I could ever deserve. You're my everything, God. Thank You for Your ever compiling confirmations. Your goodness overwhelms me. Oh how I adore You!

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever." (Psalms 23:6)

"Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!” The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should hope and wait quietly For the salvation of the LORD." (Lamentations 3:22-26)


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace