You Shine Brighter


You Shine Brighter:

"Those who are wise will shine as bright as the sky, and those who lead many to righteousness will shine like the stars forever." (Daniel 12:3)

I lay my head back and close my eyes, eyes filled with wonder and awe for the One Who shines brighter. Brighter than all that this world holds out in front of my tempted soul... The bate of beauty or "better" is just a burden in disguise...

"How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone." (James 4:14 NLT)

"Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised." (Proverbs 31:30)

You, Jesus,You shine brighter than it all. Your beauty illuminates with more splendour than anything else in the whole entire universe. You're so much better, so much brighter, and only You will remain. You will never distract or derail me. You will never deceive me. You will deliver me. You alone last for eternity.

So why do I so quickly cave into distractions that destroy me? Why do I give them power over me? Draw me close, O God. Draw me close in to Your everlasting Truth. Remind me of Who You are...

You are the Great I Am, the One Who was, Who is, and Who is to come... You're the unfailing, unfading Father of all true beauty and holiness. Surely I shall turn my eyes from the dusty demise dragging me down, and fix my gaze on the Ancient of Days.

"I watched as thrones were put in place and the Ancient One sat down to judge. His clothing was as white as snow, his hair like purest wool. He sat on a fiery throne with wheels of blazing fire" (Daniel 7:9)

Your pure righteousness reels me in and permanently puts to rest my every doubt. Your merciful majesty leaves us speechless and captivated by Your sweet goodness. Sweeter than anything we've ever tasted. Your Presence is sweeter than the world's most alluring temptations.

Your divine grace gleams greater than every other enticing aspect of this fallen world that's fading fast. I cling to You, for only You shine brighter than the stars strewn across the night sky.

Shine in my dark desperation. Shine and bring Your hope to life inside me. I look to Your light. You're the joy of my life. Only You can sustain me, and only You can give me the courage to keep on living. I look to You. I seek Your brightly shining Presence.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace