I Loved You at Your Darkest


I Loved You at Your Darkest:

"Oh, send out Your light and Your truth! Let them lead me; Let them bring me to Your holy hill And to Your tabernacle. Then I will go to the altar of God, To God my exceeding joy; And on the harp I will praise You, O God, my God. Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God." (Psalms 43:3-5)

Your gentle whispers, O Lord, have been the foundation of what has sustained me and my hope. Your joy is the song my heart sings today, but the tune didn't always play so light and serenely. I remember the nights, God, the nights in the darkest, most dreadfully uninviting bed chambers...

But You were there, and somehow You stilled the waves that threatened to drown me. You, in Your sovereign mightiness, spoke peace into the turmoil of my troubles. You spoke light into my darkest night, and You spoke hope into the trenches of that despair.

In those moments of utter dependency, You gave me a promise. A promise of Your committed and unrelenting love. This promise You stamped on my heart, and in doing so You've sealed me up to be Your very own. You've claimed mecalled meand cared for me.

You claim me: My child, my very own dear Fragile Flower. You call me: the vessel of My love and My light. You cared for me, and You're meeting my every need. You're abundantly providing all that I could ever need.

"We’re depending on GOD; he’s everything we need. What’s more, our hearts brim with joy since we’ve taken for our own his holy name. Love us, GOD, with all you’ve got— that’s what we’re depending on." (Psalm 33:20-22 MSG)

You're more than enough. Your love is my life, and Your grace is my portion. You are my delightO GodYou're my shining Light! And You loved me on my darkest night... Selah... Thank You, Lord.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace