Grace When We Need it Most


Grace When We Need it Most:

"So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most." (Hebrews 4:16)

When our world crumbles to pieces, our hearts battered and bruised by burdens, and our hopes torn apart by perpetual mistakes, there is a place to which we can retreat and find refuge. There is a Shelter of safety called the shadow of His Wings. The Lord covers over me. His grace is all need.

"And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." (2 Corinthians 12:9)

The thing about grace is, you can't earn it or deserve it. It must come to you when you least expect it and when you're most desperate for it.

Love is who God is, and grace is the essence of His character. He couldn't leave us without a Saviour, so His love for us drove Him into action - atonement. And again, He didn't leave us as orphans when He ascended to be seated in Heaven, He sent us His Spirit as our Guide.

"And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you." (John 14:16, 18)

Whenever I've hit a dead end and messed up so terribly, I refuse to allow the enemy to put shame on me. I refuse to become victim to his deceit. Instead, when I'm in dire need of forgiveness, I shall boldly approach the Throne of Mercy. Knowing I am covered by the Blood of the Lamb, I can enter into the Presence of my God of grace with confidence and real hope that will never disappoint. When I'm desperate for mercy, grace, and spiritual wholeness, God gives graciously to me all I'm needing. God withholds nothing from me, because the price for these bountiful riches has already been paid by my Saviour Jesus Christ.

I receive this gift of forgiveness. The pure love of God cleanses me again and again. He never loses His patience and He's always ready to offer the grace I need when I need it the most. He doesn't wait until I've preformed perfectly for a certain number of days. God's love and mercy hold no prerequisites. The only thing I need to bring to Him is my brokenness, and He will heal my hurting soul.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace