Be Still and Know


Be Still and Know:

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" (Psalms 46:10)

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)

Some days, there's not much you can say. Some days, most days, the only things you need are His Word, His Presence, and His promises.

When the world around me is out of my control, it's my weakness to turn to my own ideas to restore peace into the situation. However, I am not able. I am not strong enough to carry the burdens that weigh me down and thieve my joy. I must surrender; I must hand over the fear to the Father.

He whispers to me, "Be still. Be at rest. Hold your peace, not in your own feeble and frail two hands, but by transferring the troubles into My hands. I am strong, and I will strengthen your soul. I am for you, and I will never forsake you. I am fighting for you."

"Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which He will accomplish for you today... The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace." (Exodus 14:13-14)

Be still. Be still, and know. Know that He is right here. Know that He is working all my fearfulness, fright, pain, and sorrow for something greater. He is greater, and all He does in and through and FOR me is great. I can trust; I can surrender. He won't betray me; He won't dismay me. Be still, be still, oh my soul.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace