Fear Not.


Fear Not:

"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9)

Fear... not? In a world where everything appears to be falling apart at its seams, the Lord commands me to have no fear? But Lord, I plead, where is there peace when all is erupting with violent fear flames?

"Even when I go through the darkest valley, I fear no danger, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff — they comfort me." (Psalms 23:4)

Because You are with me, Lord, that is how I'll discover peace. Because Your hand leads me beside the still waters, my soul shall daily be refreshed. You are my Comforter, my Shelter in every storm, and my Divine Helper.

"And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding so that we may know the true One. We are in the true One — that is, in His Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life." (1 John 5:20)

Life everlasting, joy never ending, promises persevering, and love never failing. These are just a few of the strong and sure stones which make up our firm foundation of faith.

Fear is futile and destructive. God only desires what's best for us. Therefore, when we surrender to Him, we can be certain that only what is good and joy-inducing will come into fruition. When we have faith in His faithfulness, then we shall see His goodness multiply!

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)

"For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome." (Jeremiah 29:11)

This is why we must choose not to let fear invade. Fear steals the joy, peace, and hope that the Holy One plants in us. Fear destroys and deceives. Fear is not from God, and that's enough to know it has nothing we should want.

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)

Love is lavishing our easily anxious souls. Peace is penetrating our troubled thoughts with thoughts of true hope. The One who was and is and is to come is whispering to us, "Come to Me, and I will give your burdened soul a place to rest. Come and receive My promises, for there is no deceit in Me. I have only goodness in store for you."

Fear not. Fear is from the enemy. Freedom. Freedom is from Christ. Because of Jesus, the Atoning Sacrifice for our redemption, we have received freedom - including freedom from fear.

Fear, you have no place here, for my Saviour has dispelled you. Anxiety, you must leave, for the Lord my God has set me free.

I am wholly Yours, God, and You have filled my heart with joy and love. I needn't fear tomorrow's threats, or even yesterday's regrets, for You've got me. You have covered me with grace, and given me a sure confidence in all that You are. Fear not. Fear not. You have never let me down before, and I know that only more goodness awaits.


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story