When Fear Attacks, I Take it to Him


When Fear Attacks, I Take it to Him:

"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)

Fear not, He consoles us. Fear not, He is with us. He will strengthen and embolden our hearts to anchor onto Him in these wild and raging seas. When fear attacks, we can be sheltered and protected securely in Him.

"Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.’" (Psalm 91:1-2)

This week is shrouded in fear threats. When plans become obstructed and strewn off their original course, the all too familiar foe of fear comes fatally fierce in battle. But I have a choice to make.

Trust. I will choose to trust. I will take all of these sorrows and fears, and lay them at the Throne of Mercy. O Lord, how blessed it is to lay down every care, knowing Your favour, grace, and love are always there.

"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

You care about my cares. You display peaceful prudence for each one of my pressing problems, because You truly care for the things that I give to you.

Surrender opens the door to abundance and peace. When I take all the burdens off of my own shoulders and set them at the foot of the Cross, God sees my trusting act of obedient surrender and He blesses that!

"Cast your burden on the Lord, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved." (Psalms 55:22)

"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19)

This acronym I've coined in the picture above came about to be a reminder for myself whenever I began to feel a panic attack arising. The first time I received it, it was as though the Holy Spirit spoke to me saying, "Grab hold of the FAITH you have in your Mighty God! The Lord has not given you a spirit of fear! He's given you a spirit of power, love, and of a sound mind, so kick out that fear! When the fear begins to attack you, take it straight to Him!"

So now, whenever Fear Attacks, I Take it to my Heavenly Father. F.A.I.T.H! That's FAITH!

"For we walk by faith, not by sight." (2 Corinthians 5:7)

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)

I'm holding onto what I know is true. I know that Your purpose is pure, Your heart is kind, and Your favour is unfathomably great. You are glorious and marvellous, and Your mercy endures even in my darkest hour.

I lay it at Your feet, O Lord. Everything. All these concerns, every one of my fears, I know You can care for each and every one of them. I needn't carry them on my own, so today I choose to have FAITH in Your never ending faithfulness!


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace

Mary Magdalene's Story