You Are Strong


You are Strong:

"So for the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure in infirmities, insults, hardships, persecutions, perplexities and distresses; for when I am weak [in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful in divine strength)." (2 Corinthians 12:10)

This world is thoroughly saturated with consternating afflictions. Often times I find myself breaking under the unbearable weight of such burdens. My own human strength is futile, but the divinely glorious strength of my Lord is more than sufficient for every need.

"And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." (2 Corinthians 12:9)

When I surrender my inadequacy, God miraculously takes over and carries every one of my troubles for me. On my own, you see, I am destined for tragedy. The worries that deepen in my mind leave hopes of joy far behind.

"Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. According to His great mercy, He has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead" (1 Peter 1:3)

We lift up our cares to the Father. We give Him praise and thanksgiving, for by His marvellous mercy, He has given us a living hope. When the fearful factors of this fallen world pressure us, we need not give in to woeful worrying. Instead, let us lift up our eyes, and see the God of love and grace above.

"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." (Romans 15:13)

Here's the truth we all need to know: though we are weak and easily burdened by the dismays of this life, the Lord's strength is more than enough for us. When burdens and fears threaten, all we must do is lift our hands to the Father and cry out, "I am incapable of carrying all this stress. Lord, come and lift this crushing weight off of my shoulders."

He hears our every cry, and He sees our every tear. The good news is that not a single one of our fears is too terrifying for our mighty, strong God to handle. Nothing is impossible or too difficult for Him!

"For with God nothing will be impossible." (Luke 1:37)

"Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You." (Jeremiah 32:17)

Oh how freeing it is to be confident in the mighty strength of God our Father! No matter how crushing our cares may be, the strength of our Heavenly Father far outweighs fear's empty intimidations! Hallelujah! You are strong, Lord!


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace