Obey, Serve, and Love


Obey, Serve, and Love:

"You shall walk after the Lord your God and [reverently] fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice, and you shall serve Him and cling to Him." (Deuteronomy 13:4)

Mighty Refuge, Sovereign Saviour, this is our Lord. Holy One, Great Redeemer, He is our King. Passionate Lover, Atoning Sacrifice, the One who gave it all. We bow down in awestruck adoration, O Heavenly Father, we lay all at Your feet.

Obedience is an act of trusting surrender. When we lift our hands to the Heavens and confess from the depths of our soul our desperation for Him, He hears every word. He never turns His ear away from us, but always has His heart opened up to pour the goodness of His pure character out on us.

Lord God Almighty, I know You are for me. You have opened up the path of peace before me, and cleared the way to casting my cares upon You. I see the immense measures You have taken to show me that You're for me and not against me.

The beginning of a life of serving You with overflowing gratefulness begins here, right in my own heart. I must first make the choice to comply with consecrated obedience. After all, You have indeed shown me that I can trust you completely. In You, there is absolutely no deception or trickery. You are pure, holy, and worthy of my trust. Here is all of me, God. Take me into the remarkable realm of Your unending abundance.

"Only fear the Lord, and serve Him in truth with all your heart; for consider what great things He has done for you." (1 Samuel 12:24)

To obey means to serve You with all my heart, and to serve You means to obey You with trusting confidence. You are delighted when I depend upon Your strength and rely on Your unending mercy. It pleases You when I lift my hands, palms spread out wide facing You, saying, "Take me! All I am is Yours! All I need is You, and my ultimate desire is to be with You. Come and fill me with more of You, Father."

When I submit my will to obey and serve, I am filled. I am a vessel, empty without You. But when I am a submitted vessel, I become filled with all goodness and righteousness from You, Lord. You make me whole inside. You transform my broken heart into a work of art. You fill the empty soul up to overflow. You are wonderfully marvellous, O God!

"Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work." (2 Timothy 2:21)

Now I am filled! I am overflowing with joyfulness, righteousness, and love. Love so uncontainable, I cannot help but overflow this love from God onto others too. And isn't this His purpose? To be filled and bring others to the Wellspring to be filled as well?

"By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples." (John 15:8)

"And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature." (Mark 16:15)

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." (Colossians 3:16)

Let's join together as one, and glorify the Lord together. Let us encourage one another to be obedient to the specific and personal calls God has laid on each and every one of us. Together we serve Him as a passionate people, zealous to shine His Light into all the darkness of this world. Lastly, let's agree to love one another as Christ has demonstrated His love towards us.

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another." (John 13:34)

May you go through this day with constant consciousness of the wonderful wellspring of Love God is pouring into your very own heart. Let the waters flow! Let them burst and flood, and let that Love lavish you, your family, and everyone you encounter. God delights over us! He loves to see our joy! So, my friends, go in peace and joy today and everyday!


-The Introverted Evangelist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith That He is Near Always

Mary Magdalene's Story

The Beauty and Wonder of Grace